- Configuration: Mono Input: RCA and true balance XLR
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz -0.3dB to 120 kHz -3dB
- Power/Load : 8 ohm, 4 ohm, 2 ohm
- Peak Output Power : 8 ohm (400W) 4 ohm (800W) 2 ohm (1600W)
- RMS Power : 8 ohm (200W) 4 ohm (420W) 2 ohm (420W)
- Input Impedance: 22K ohm
Product General Information
NuPrime Reference 20 came from the evolution of esteemed NuForce’s award-winning Reference amps, after NuPrime has acquired the NuForce high end product line. While the Reference 20 retains all of the Reference 18’s superior sonic attributes, the amp’s higher 420W @ 4 Ohm output power brings one closer yet to the goal of supreme performance. The Ref 20’s low-ESR Cross Matrix Array (CMA) capacitor assembly features high-performance capacitors in a proprietary, non-resonant alignment. Unifying such refined technology with superior power yields truly unsurpassed speed, transparency and resolution, along with genuinely authoritative dynamics. The net response is a natural, non-fatiguing rendition of music that simply flows from a palpably real soundstage.
The Ref 20s in a fine, audiophile-grade system will reveal the following qualities:
- Thundering dynamics and lightning-fast transient speed
Sweeter, more natural highs
- A near-palpable midrange and overall harmonic structure, resulting in a more natural and relaxed presentation
- A beautifully textured low end exceeding even that of the Ref 20’s exemplary authority and control
- A deeper, more coherent soundstage
Without a doubt, the Ref 20 is destined to be found at the very heart of any dream audio system.
- Input sensitivity : 161mV, 1W@8 ohm; 1.61V, 100W@8 ohm; 1.136V, 100W@4 ohm; 2.34V, 425W@4 ohm
- THD+N : 0.01%, 1kHz, 1W to 10W, A Weighted
- Input sensitivity for maximum power : 2.5V
- Gain: 27 db
- Worldwide AC voltage : 90VAC~130VAC or 210VAC~ 250VAC with voltage select switch.
- AC Fuse: Slow blow, 5A, 250VAC